Welcome to be aware of books!
Firstly, thank you for stopping by to have a read and secondly, let me introduce myself.
I’m Jemima and this is my blog which is (mostly) dedicated to my love of books. I’m not going to lie to you, the reason I started blogging was for me – I just wanted to keep writing regularly – and thus far, I’ve been rather successful.
The majority of the time my posts will revolve around books – TBRs, reviews and other ramblings I can think up. My room is a treasure trove full of books so I’m pretty sure I will not run out of books to read anytime soon – especially if I keep buying them at the rate I do. I’m also always looking for recommendations so please send them my way.
On occasion, I may do some other posts sparked by current events in my life as an individual or something that has occurred on the world stage. Essentially any other posts which aren’t book focused will be whatever I feel like – for example, I am a fan of musicals so expect a few posts revolved around musical theatre now and again.
When it comes to writing blog posts, I like to think I am organised as I write little notes and plans in my notebook but if some weeks my post is a shambles I do apologise. If you’re interested the notebook I currently use is a replica of Newt Scamander’s notebook.
Now let me share a few little things about me:
- I am a Slytherin despite thinking that I was a Hufflepuff for a long period of time (although people I know have said “You’re so Slytherin” to me recently) and I am ever so slowly collecting more and more Slytherin items to add to my bookshelves all the time.
- I’m a cat person through and through. I’ve grown up around both cats and dogs (and I do love them both) but cats are just so independent – I love them! Currently, I have a white and grey tabby called Hiccup and he is just over 2 years old.
- If you ask me my favourite book, I will probably answer with Vicious by V.E. Schwab.
- My favourite book series’ are the Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy, the Shades of Magic trilogy by V.E. Schwab and the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare and I own a couple of editions of some of the books from each series… Help me
- I am probably at my happiest when I’m curled up in bed with a book and cup of tea whilst it’s raining outside, if Hiccup is there it’s a bit of a bonus… I basically like being snug.
Finally, I am always open for a chat so feel free to follow me on my twitter, Goodreads and bookstagram account (which are linked in the side bar) and say hi!